and Digital Audio Books
The Beekley Community Library now offers two downloadable book services for New Hartford residents: OverDrive and One-Click Digital.
Read the instructions below and then click on the links to access these services.
is offered through Library Connection. You can browse
and search thousands of titles and download them to
Kindles, Nooks, iPads, iPods, mp3players, smart phones,
and other portable devices.
To get started:
- Click Login
- Choose our library (Beekley Community Library) from drop-down menu.
- Use your library card number in a truncated form – for example if your library card number is 22544 00123 432 6 leave off the 22544, any zeroes that immediately follow, and also leave off the last digit in the number. Your number in the sample card number above would be 123432.
- Use your last name in all lower case.
- On the Home Page click Help tab.
- Click My Help icon which will give you instructions for whatever device you want to use for both ebooks and downloadable audiobooks.
- You will need to download software according to the instructions in My Help to use this service: Overdrive Media Console for audiobooks and/or Adobe Digital Editions for ebooks other than Kindle Readers.
- Once you have downloaded the necessary software go back to the Home Page to search for books.
- Items in Overdrive may be checked out by only one patron at a time. You may place a hold on checked-out items. The system will send an email notification when your download becomes available. Because of the popularity of this service, you may want to select the search option “only show titles with available copies” if you are just browsing for titles.
- Click on the title in the appropriate format to add it to your cart. You may check it out and download it to your computer at that time or continue browsing and, when finished, return to My Account>My Cart to complete the checkout and download process.
- Go to the Overdrive Media Console or Adobe Digital Editions on your desktop to listen to or read the book on your computer or transfer it to your audio device or e-reader.
- There are apps and instructions for mobile devices and Kindle Readers, which will need to be downloaded directly on to the device. Instructions are in My Help.
Download audiobooks through OneClickdigital. You can browse and search thousands of titles and download them to your computer, portable audio devices and the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Click Create New Account.
- Use your full 14-digit library card number, enter your personal information and choose operating system. If you choose Windows choose OneClickdigital Media Manager. If you are transferring to an Apple device choose iTunes, if not choose other.
- On Home Page click Help tab>Frequently Asked Questions for general and specific information for downloading and devices before using OneClickdigital for the first time.
- Go back to Home Page click Getting Started in right hand corner above book titles.
- Click on appropriate icon for OneClickdigital Media Manager download for Windows or Mac.
- Click Run.
- Click Run again.
- Click Install for InstallShieldWizard - Installing Microsoft .NET Framework (if necessary) might take more than an hour. Be patient!)
- OneClickdigital Media Manager will open. Close out of Media Manager.
- Go back to OneClickdigital Home Page to search or browse for titles.
- Check out title (you can choose the checkout period from 1 to 21 days) and then download.
- If you want to transfer to portable device plug in device using USB cable.
- Click on OneClickdigital Media Manager, log in, and Play to listen on computer or Download and Transfer to listen on portable device.
- There is an app available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Android and Windows apps will be available soon.